Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday

Yesterday was Good Friday. Not just a holiday, it is a Big Deal. It is the day that because Jesus loves us so much, He died on the cross for us. He died that we may live. It is the day Death died.

O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:55-57)

I am not by any stretch of the imagination, a religious person. I don't do fasting well. I don't even keep the traditions or rituals and practices well. And I must admit I haven't been to church as often as I should. Just by saying this you're probably going to have this urge to pray for my soul.

But I love God, and He's real to me. And today, I am really grateful that He died for me.