Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Royal Wedding


The day of the Royal Wedding, I was in Kota Kinabalu on a business trip and missed watching this live. But I did watch snippets of it the next day, and it still got me teary-eyed. Weddings are so beautiful.

I thought of the day I got married. I had flown in to Kuching, having just quit my job in Penang. We got married the next day. I wonder if there could be a greater contrast.

Two billion people around the world sat glued to their TVs for Prince William and Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding. Two billion people gasped as Kate Middleton emerged, looking like a dream. Two billion people swooned at the prince's handsomeness. Two billion people collectively held their breath as the bride and bridegroom kissed.

Two people came to mine!

It didn't matter really because in the end, it's just about two people and how we would live together.

Now, 17 years later, I ask myself - Would I marry the same guy all over again?