Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fate? Oh Crap.

A friend submitted my name and birthdate to a Chinese sifu, ostensibly to see what the future holds for me. I didn't ask for it. Because well, I don't believe in such things. Not really.

To believe that would mean to acccept that my life path has been mapped out the day my parents gave me my name and the moment I was born. Don't I get to choose my destiny? If it's all pre-determined, and the course of events inevitable, do we really need to work hard at anything at all?

But still I was curious. I'm only woman after all. And I asked what the sifu said. Then I wished I didn't know. Oh crap.

My first reaction was to laugh it off. If what he said was true, I'm so doomed. Now I'm sad. Could it possibly happen to me, that I would one day lose everything I hold dear?

My fate?

No way.

Check back in after 2014 ya. Might have the answers then.