Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lifestyle changes needed

It's the Raya/ Merdeka holidays and I've been stuffing my face silly. Yes. I know. I'm a self-confessed food junkie with an insatiable craving and fondness for all things yummy.

You'd think given the stress I have at work, coupled with this indiscriminate eating (and drinking) fixation, my blood pressure would hover at dangerously high levels.

This was taken just an hour ago.



Should I be worried? Is that normal?

I've been to see a few doctors. And all said basically the same things. You lucky thing, you.

But normal is about 120/80. And please God, let me be normal. So my Merdeka resolution is to achieve that.

To increase my blood pressure, I have been told to do ALL of these :

  1. Gain weight. Eat eat eat. Especially if it's red meats and high in fat.
  2. Don't ever exercise. Just lie down.
  3. Take more salty food.
  4. Drink more alcohol.
  5. Increase my caffeine intake. Think coffee and Coca Cola.
  6. Smoke cigarettes or any tobacco product.
Except for the last bit there, I think maybe, just maybe, I can be normal.

Tears of joy.