Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The SEGi Supremo

About a week ago, there was an article in The Star. And a rather well written piece it was. It's the story of our Group Managing Director, Dato Sri Clement Hii and it traced some of the defining moments in SEGi and the man himself.

Da man. Standing second from left. This is a picture taken some time back, on a company trip to Macau.

This man is the power behind SEGi. It's he that has defined what SEGi is today. I can't imagine anyone else at the helm. A brilliant busines mind, with an innate passion for this business, he is as they say, a mover and a shaker. I think his true genius is his uncanny talent and instinct for knowing exactly what works and what doesn't. He is also the kind of person that provokes strong emotions. You either love him or hate him. He speaks his mind, does what he wants and cares little if you don't like it.

I know he has ventured into other businesses before but like a well smitten lover, he never strays far from SEGi. This is where his passion really is. And although many have singled out his extraordinary mind, I think it's his heart that really is way bigger. He is generous to a fault and I remember in one meeting, he said to us, solemn eyes and all, "I am going to make some of you millionaires." Nobody really thought he was serious then. I mean, c'mon would you? But hey. We believe him now.

Millionaire I may not be. But the lessons he has taught me, those have made me what I am today.

He truly is a great man, and has inspired me much. And I'm proud simply to be a part of this company.