Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time Out

Took a break from all the recent nasties and went to KL for a shopping spree. Oh BTW, to all my friends who called or dropped me a note on that stalker thingy, mucho gracias. Intentionally or not, stalking is very much a criminal act of intimidation and harrassment. Enough said.

Back to our KL trip. The kids were excited. As excited as I was. We even went to the airport TWO hours earlier, so that we can have our McD breakfast. I think we were the first to check in. Tsk tsk. Sia soi.

Well, KL is not home. But with mum and dad and my two sisters permanently settled there, it's the closest thing to home. I don't know if I will ever again call Alor Setar home. I don't even miss the place. The food, yes. The friends from church, yup. The friends from my convent school, oh yeah. The friends from the boy's school, hmm, yes too. I haven't been back for 4 years now. Maybe next year. But that's what I said every year..

But KL? We love KL. Love, love, love. The shopping, the food, the family. What's there not to love.



Rather than stay with my folks and having to battle traffic jams every day (yucks), we chose to stay in a hotel with a shopping mall right next to it. So we stayed at One World Hotel in PJ. OMG. Beautiful.

Check-in was pleasant, and we walked in to see this on the huge flat-screen TV:


Wah. Got my name somemore. So terror kan. We gaped at that screen for a full minute. Maklumlah, orang kampung.

I was so, so impressed. Now THAT is service.



Nice room. Nice bathroom. Nice staff. Great service. In fact, everything was delightfully satisfying. I didn't want to leave the room. The pillow and bolster? Pure heaven.

At some point, we did venture out for some durians and food and shopping. Shopping was a tad bit disappointing, tho. Didn't see anything I like. So uninspiring. So unexciting. But the food! Yums maximus. I think we had durians every single day of the four days we were there. Shopped we did, but we never stopped eating. And I think I gained 5 kilograms!! Pity didn't go to my boobs.

Can't wait for my next holiday.